Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Students of the Month


Congratulations to the Students of the Month. They are being recognized for outstanding academic achievement or a significant contribution to the school, community, or a noteworthy cause.



Ariana Lacombe

My name is Ariana Lacombe and I'm a senior here at Groton- Dunstable. I've lived in Groton my whole life with my mother, father, brother, and two sisters. This year was very special to me as I got to spend my last year of high school with my younger brother, Blake, who is a freshman. These past couple of months I have been interning with the Groton Police Station and I feel like a part of their family now. I hope to pursue this career in the future. Next year I will be attending Norwich University where I will be in the Corp of Cadets/ ROTC lifestyle, while also studying criminal justice, and playing for their soccer team. I've had a lot of laughs in the halls and classrooms of GDRHS and I'd like to thank everyone I got to share those moments with during my time here at GD. Shout out to Elena Biasi




Benjamin McEvoy

Hello, my name is Benjamin McEvoy and I am currently a sophomore here at Groton-Dunstable Regional High School and I have lived in Dunstable all my life. I have always been interested in a career in business and I plan on pursuing a career in the business field after going to college. I am interested in a lot of activities, some of which are hockey, baseball, being outside, and hanging out with friends. I also love helping out and hanging out with the PAVE students in our school. A company that I have started called Bottled Chimp Enterprises also has a foundation which is working to get the PAVE students involved in more activities outside of school such as sports or arts. I hope that one day I can make this foundation much bigger and be able to get the PAVE students to be more involved in activities that they usually would not be a part of. I enjoy working with the students because not only is it fun, it is also rewarding to be able to see them happy and having fun. I am honored to be student of the month and I would like to thank the staff for allowing me to learn in a very positive and easy-going environment.





Peter McLaughlin


My name is Peter McLaughlin, and I am a junior at GDRHS. I am the Vice President of the Student Council, the President and Founder of the GD Best Buddies chapter, and am also a second degree black belt in Uechi Ryu karate. I also enjoy selling chocolate bars to fundraise for the class of 2016, which has slowly become something that I am known throughout the high school for doing. Right now I am planning on majoring in business in college, and I am in the process of applying for the Reserve Officer Training Corps. with the United States Army. I would like to thank all of my friends and the Class of 2016, who make the stressful and crazy world of high school better than I ever could have asked for.



Sean Staffiery

My name is Sean Staffiery and I live in Groton, Massachusetts. Currently, I am a freshman at GDRHS. Right now, I live with my mother and a cat named Whiskers. In school, I enjoy History and English. I am really into computers and I hope to go into IT (Information Technologies) or a similar area as my future career. Also, in the future, I plan to move to Los Angeles, California.  In my free time, I use my computer and do things like coding, and skyping with friends. My after schools activities include, guitar lessons that I take on Wednesday's after school. It is a honor to be Student of the Month, and I am grateful for the nomination.



year book.jpg


Yuzhuo (Mike) Shi

I left my home China one year ago. This is my third semester studying at GD. I still remember the first day I came here. Like John Snow, I know nothing. With the help of guidance, administration, my teachers and all the friends I made here, I started doing better. I joined the Environmental Club and swim team, both of which gave me many wonderful memories. Since my English is getting more fluent, I have begun translating for our school when prospective Chinese students visit. Next month, on May 5th, I will host an art workshop. This will teach students and teachers to practice the ancient Chinese writing technique known as Chinese Calligraphy. I really enjoyed my experience here in GD and I am glad that I can bring Chinese culture to our school.



Tommy Wogan

My name is Tommy Wogan.   I live in Dunstable with my Mom, Dad and Sister Katie. I like to go on vacations with my family. We have a cruise planned for July that I am very excited about.  I love to travel and see other parts of the world.  I am a freshman at GDRHS in the PAVE Program. My classmates and I go out into the community to work.  I go to Rivercourt Residence and the Dunstable Library.  I like to go to Rivercourt because it gives me the opportunity to visit with the residence.  My job at the library is to clean and check in the books.  I have been working on learning how to drive an electric wheelchair and hope to be getting my own sometime in the future. I am excited for the electric wheelchair because this will give me some independence to get around on my own.  I love coming to the high school.  It is a fun exciting place to be.  








No comments:

Post a Comment